Electoral Roll

Every Church of England church has a Parochial Church Council (or PCC) which is responsible for running it.  PCC members are elected for three years at the Annual Parochial Church Meeting (APCM).  The next APCM is on the 22nd April, so in preparation we are required to tidy up our electoral roll.

The electoral roll is the closest thing we have at church to a membership list.  To sign up you need to be baptised and declare yourself a member of the Church of England.  If you live in our parish that’s all there is to it.  If you live in another parish, you have to have been worshipping at St Peter’s for at least six months regularly (let’s say at least once a month).

You’ve got until the 18th March to get your name on the list, so if you want to sign up, pick up a form on Sunday!